Friday, July 6, 2012

Terminal State - Your Rules

Year: 2005
Label: Deranged Records

Tracks:


1. I'm Terminal

2. Your Rules
3. Fuck You Sid
4. Four Walls

5. All In My Head

6. Drop Out
7. Looking In The Mirror
8. Bend In Pain



 This record is a masterpiece. Everything on Your Rules from the front cover to all of the art, to the songs show the mastering of the suburban hardcore aesthetic. Although this record came out in '05, it could have easily come out of Orange County in like 1981. Definitely one of my favourite Toronto records ever. Your Rules also includes rerecorded versions of my favourite Terminal State songs, Your Rules and Four Walls which were originally on the demo. Fucking rad.
The insert features flyer art for shows I can only dream of having gone to.


The test press of this record is limited to 5 copies and can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTgbrXWrVdE

No comments:

Post a Comment