Thursday, November 13, 2014

Column of Heaven/Radioactive Vomit - Streams of Disease/Aubade

Year: 2013
Label: Analog Worship, Feast Of Tentacles

Tracks:


Radioactive Vomit side:

1. The Streams of Disease
2. Shit Dredge
3. Entrenched

Column of Heaven side:

4. Aubade I: Sun Defeated
5. Aubade II: The Trident Of Light And Decade

Column of Heaven is a slightly more recent Toronto band combining the features and members of Slaughter Strike, which was my favourite Toronto death metal band and The Endless Blockade, which is my favourite powerviolence band of all time. To be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of Radioactive Vomit’s side of the split, which consists of some uncharacteristically heavy black metal from Vancouver that I found to be lacking in production in an undesirable sense. Column of Heaven’s side however consists of my favourite songs by them yet. I dare anybody to watch Column of Heaven live and not headbang while they play the main riff from Aubade II. Toronto wins again. 500 copies of this were pressed on Oakland California’s Analog Worship label for North America, with 400 on black and 100 on clear vinyl. Another 500 copies were pressed for Europe on a British label called Feast of Tentacles. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-mGsWoWzVg

No comments:

Post a Comment