Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Endless Blockade - Come Friendly Bombs

Year: 2006 (Dada Drumming & I Deal pressing), 2008 (Fatalist pressing)
Label: Dada Drumming, I Deal Records, Fatalist

Tracks:


1. Pimp Killer

2. Face The Yawnbringer
3. Therapy Through Violence
4. Prohibitions Failure
5. 2 A.M. Grab Bag

6. Cyber Stabbed In The Virtual Back

7. Colombian Education
8. I Don't Give A Fuck About You
9. Bourgeois Homeless Bullshit
10. The Endless Blockade
11. Dead End

The first time I saw The Endless Blockade, I was in high school, didn’t know what powerviolence is, and almost shit my pants. In addition to being one of the most authentic new powerviolence bands, The Endless Blockade added extra terror from their bizarre occultish lyricism and imagery. This early 7” by the band is less indicative of what was to come aesthetically and lyrically in the band’s career and more closely resembles the band’s first record, Turn Illness Into a Weapon. Regardless, this 7” is one of the best example’s of the band’s relentless and horrifying brutality despite its over the top length for a 7”. The first press of this consisted of 1000 copies, 300 of which were pressed on clear vinyl with red splatter, and 700 of which were on black vinyl. The second press was out of 400 or 500 copies with different art. I’ve heard different accounts of how these were done. I was under the impression that 100 of these had the coloured art that is pictured and that the rest had black and white art, however, there may also be an additional hand-numbered tour edition out of 100. I’m not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ulwEviDi4

No comments:

Post a Comment