Saturday, May 5, 2012

Brontocrushrock - Next 5 Songs

Year: 1989
Label: Irate Faction Records

Tracks:

1. Titanic
2. I Don't Want You

3. Page 3
4. Iguana




I picked this record up at Hammer City Records in Hamilton when Craig showed it to me and still know next to nothing about the mysterious Brontocrushrock. This being said, I’m very grateful to Craig for getting me into this 7” because it's surprisingly memorable for a band with a name like Brontocrushrock. I would even go so far as to say that it’s one of my favourite Toronto records from the late 80’s and early 90’s. Unlike a lot of other bands from this era, Bronto plays straight up punk rock, and the best song on this record, I Don’t Want You sounds something like a Dead Kennedys song. From what I’ve gathered about this band, they might still be operating under the name Son of Bronto, and may have briefly shared a member or two with the UK Subs and the notorious BFG.

1 comment:

  1. I'm Geoff from Brontocrushrock. I left the band after we recorded our tape. It was better than the 7" shown here. We played around Toronto for a number of years. We also played in Montreal, Detroit, Buffalo, St. Catherines, Kitchener and London a bunch of times.

    ReplyDelete